CMS extends deadline to join ICD-10 end-to-end testing
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) will allow healthcare providers until Jan. 21 to apply for ICD-10 end-to-end testing.
- Volunteer forms are available on MAC websites
- Healthcare providers need to finish them by Jan. 21.
- CMS will review applications and select test participants by Feb. 13.
- MACs and CEDI will notify the volunteers selected to test and provide them with the information needed for the testing.
To participate, healthcare providers will need to:
- Submit future-dated claims.
- Provide valid National Provider Identifiers (NPIs), Provider Transaction Access Numbers (PTANs), and beneficiary Health Insurance Claim Numbers (HICNs) that will be used for test claims.
- This information will be needed by your MAC by Feb. 20 for set-up purposes; Testers will be dropped if information is not provided by the deadline.
There will be another round of end-to-end testing July 20-24.
CMS is promising to use testing takeaways in ICD-10 educational material.