by Carl Natale
Posted on Thu, Nov 08, 2012 - 12:53 pm
At some point healthcare providers need to reach out to their payers. As part of your impact assessment, you need to ask the following questions:
- "Are you prepared to meet the ICD-10 deadline of October 1, 2014? Where is your organization in the transition process?"
- "Who will be my primary contact at your organization for the ICD-10 transition?"
- "Can we set up regular check-in meetings to keep our progress on track?"
- "When will you be ready to accept test transactions from my practice?"
- "What will we need to test with you?"
- "Do you anticipate any changes in policies or delays in payments to result from the switch to ICD-10?"
Source: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services